Thursday, February 24, 2005

Condiments, Are They Really Just an Excuse?

Mustard, salsa, cheese, condiments. Do we eat food just to have a favorite condiment? Like tortilla chips are nothing without salsa. I would personally eat salsa if it was acceptable just with a spoon, the same with Louisianna hot sauce, and macaroni wouldn't be very tasty without the cheese.
In the summer I am also quite fond of bacon and tomato sandwiches, with a little mayo. Technically these are all condiments, except for the bread. When I was a kid, I enjoyed a plain mustard sandwich after school. My son loves dill pickles by the handful (Dill only - we tried to give him a sweet pickle once, and he threw it across the room - but he's only a little over 2 years old, so that's ok.).

Perhaps this isn't a really ridiculous topic, but it is a strange ponderment of mine. Perhaps this is why we have cravings, we aren't really craving the food itself per se' just the condiment. How odd indeed. I guess it is: minorly ridiculous..

Berta "DrawingAtStrawsForAGoodTopic" bloggyblog

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a bit off subject but I have a hot date Saturday and want to impress a lady I just met.
What wine goes with Oscar Meyer products? (Yeah, I'm splurging for the good dogs.)
Thanks, Joe Neeeemacheck

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home