Monday, February 21, 2005

Gordon wins the Daytona 500!

Yeah.. big deal.

I would like to discuss a driver that nobody ever talks about. Joe Nemechek! Why Joe Nemechek? Well. He does have kind of a ridiculous name. Not to be offensive, but it would be funny to have that name. Like if you were at the store, if you were Joe, you could say "Hey! We're done! Time to go to the Nemechek-out!" When his pit-crew is doing a routine examination before they start a race, it would be funny if they had a check list: "Seat-belt?" "Check!" - "Tires?" "Check!" - "Steering wheel?" "Check!" - "Neme? (pronounced "Neemah")" "Check!" Yeah.. that'd be pretty cool. I'm sure he also refers to the checkered race flag, as the "Neme-checkered flag", or plays "Nemecheckers" with his kids.

I always have to annoy my brother-in-law (Hi Wayne!) when Nascar is on, especially when Nemechek is somewhere in front of Wayne's favorite driver, Rusty Wallace.
Of course he got his kids to chant: "Nemechek Always Wrecks!" Which isn't very nice for one, and for two, Nemechek does not always wreck. Eventually I get them to start cheering "NEEMAH - CHECK!" because they like to be loud, and I think they like annoying their dad. LOL

My husband got me a Nemechek model car over the holidays, which sits atop my book case. For a joke, we wrapped it up and gave it to Wayne for X-mas. Then my husband wryly said "OH! Sorry that was for Berta!" It was well worth it just to see the look on Wayne's face.

I guess, by default, Nemechek is my "favorite" driver. Not because he drives the Army car, and of course not because he wins alot, but because "Nemechek" is kind of a funny name, which is a ridiculous reason to cheer on a driver. That's what makes this edition of my blog: Ridiculous.
With appologies to Joe Nemechek, and his family, and his kids (who he probably refers to as his little "Nemecheklettes"), and all REAL fans of Nemechek. LOL

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really nailed this article, Bert. Nemechekmate! Jer

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Berta, I was just browsing, looking for nascar related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a nascar site. You can get current Nascar news as well as info on all your favorite drivers, the 2005 Nascar schedule, how to get cheap Nascar tickets, track info and more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home